There’s no such thing as knowing ‘too many’ chicken recipes so here’s one more for you to try: Peach Bourbon BBQ Chicken wings recipe from celebrity Chef Jacoby Ponder.
As the weather warms, thoughts inevitably turn to barbecues in the garden. However, with the weather in the UK being so touch and go at the moment, we bring you this Peach Bournon BBQ Chicken wings recipe that will evoke the taste and flavours of an authentic, southern style barbeque, from the comforts of your very own kitchen.
US-based award-winning celebrity chef and food entrepreneur Chef Jacoby Ponder kindly gives us an early preview of his Peach Bourbon BBQ Chicken wings recipe, available in his upcoming “Supper” cookbook later this autumn (2022).
This recipe offers a refreshing blend of both sweet and savoury flavours, while maintaining the classic smoky flavour of fresh-off-the-grill barbecue.
This Peach Bourbon BBQ Chicken wings recipe is perfect for either home entertaining – barbecue with family and friends, a quiet night in with the family, or even a backyard cookout.
If you make this dish, do send your pictures to: email@example.com for us to feature.
Chef Jacoby Ponder’s Peach Bourbon BBQ Chicken wings recipe
- 2 Sticks of unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow or sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Cumin
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Fresh Grilled peaches (about 3 large peaches, peeled and diced)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Cracked pepper
- 4 Whole Wings
- Heat a medium saucepan to medium-high heat. Add 2 sticks of butter, Olive Oil, Onion, and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened.
- Add the ketchup, bourbon, apple cider vinegar, puréed peaches, honey, mustard, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Preheat an indoor grill to medium-high heat slice Peaches into wedges cover w/ Olive Oil and a Pinch of Brown Sugar place on grill for about 5 mins each side remove from grill and set about 4 pc aside for garnish
- Take remainder Peaches place in blend and blend into a puree and add to sauce while simmering
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently to make sure the bottom doesn’t burn. If it starts really boiling, reduce to medium-low.
- For the chicken, Season the chicken with salt and pepper, Garlic salt, cumin, Onion powder, coat with Emblems Smokey Mesquite Oil and grill for 3 minutes per side. Baste liberally with the BBQ sauce, and grill for another 3 minutes per side. Keep basting with desired amount of sauce and grill until chicken is cooked through
Try more Dish of the Week recipes