With the recent trend of one ingredient themed restaurants popping up all over London, it was only a matter of time before someone paid tribute to the national cheese of Cyprus. A Halloumi-themed pop-up, “Say Hallou-mi to Cyprus” is opening up for business at 100 Hoxton, between 13-26 November 2017.
The restaurant, which features halloumi in every course on the menu allows diners to try each dish individually or opt for the full tasting experience with every item on a sharing platter for two people, priced at £26 during happy hour.
Some must-try items on the menu includes:
- Halloumi and cauliflower fritterswith a lime pickle yoghurt (£6)
- A fresh grilled courgette and halloumi salad with fennel, pine nuts, harissa, honey & lemon (£7)
- A chargrilled halloumi flatbreadwith butternut & dukkah spices (£6)
- Crumbed halloumi fingers with a tomato chilli jam (£6)
- and to finish off, the best halloumi ice cream(£5) you will ever taste!
Diners can also choose one of two Cypriot inspired cocktails by Mixologist Chad Canning formerly of Nopi: a harissa Bloody Mary (£8) or a Cilantro & Ginger Martini (£8).
Cypriot-born British retail businessman, Theo Paphitis, who is supporting the campaign, said: “Cyprus and its food are true passions of mine and the pop-up restaurant will bring the delicious Cypriot cheese, halloumi, to every dish on the menu…even the dessert! I’m sure many other people will fall in love with the Cypriot national cheese once they’ve tried it – and perhaps even visit Cyprus to discover the rest of the island’s delicious cuisine and wine.”
The pop-up is expecting huge demand so customers are strongly advised to book asap. To make a booking, visit: www.100restaurants.co.uk/100-hoxton-reservations/