In honour of World Vegetarian Day on 1 October, we bring you a tasty meat-free dish to enjoy for brunch, Korean Kimchi potato slaw on sourdough toast, topped with a fried egg.
As usual, the recipe is simple to prepare and perfect for those looking to fit healthy eating into a busy lifestyle.
We’d love to see how you get on, so send in pics of your efforts to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll feature on our social media.
- 175g waxy potatoes, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- ½ savoy or chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2tsp Kimchi chilli paste
- 1tbsp stevia or zylitol instead of sugar (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- A little rapeseed or low-cal olive oil spray to cook the eggs
- Salt, pepper and chilli flakes to garnish
- Sliced spring onion to garnish
- Salt for the cabbage
Salt the cabbage for 10-20 minutes, rinse well and dry. Mix with the carrots, chilli paste.
Parboil the potatoes for 2 minutes then drain and leave to steam dry. Mix with the carrots, cabbage and chilli paste, season with the salt and sugar to taste. Set aside.
Fry the eggs until crisp around the edges and season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes
Toast the sourdough and top with the slaw, the egg, spring onions and chilli flakes if you like.
Recipe supplied by LovePotatoes