Over the last couple of years, there’s been a gratifying surge in the number of black-owned make-up brands.
One of these success stories is ColorBlend Makeup, a new and revolutionary British beauty brand that celebrates diversity, unique beauty and self-expression regardless of race and gender.
Founder, Kesha Williams, wants wearers to feel proud, confident and comfortable in their own skin and wants her products to cater to under-represented skin tones and markets.
She said: “ColorBlend Makeup aims to challenge traditional beauty standards by stepping away from the homogeneous ideal to allow individuals to access products that understand and represent them, while also redefining what beauty means. I named the brand ‘ColorBlend’ to reflect the different types of influences in individuals with regard to skin colour, personality and gender.”
ColorBlend Makeup offers hypo-allergenic, fragrance free and cruelty free products with staying power. The range includes:
- ColorBlend Contour Palette – a gorgeous powder palette for creating warmth, glow and definition; these rich and pigmented powders allow you to build up your preferred look and can also be used to set a cream highlight and contour too. This multi-use palette can also double up as an overall face powder and brow powder too. Available in Light/Medium and Medium/Dark. (£30)
- Deluxe Xtreme Lips – a collection of deliciously bold lipsticks that have a creamy texture with a non-drying matte finish. These lippies have added vitamin E with vanilla extracts and are very long-lasting with staying power. (£12.50)
- ColorBlend HD Foundation – A diverse variety of medium to full coverage liquid foundations that provide a flawless finish and wonderful glow to the skin in a pump action bottle. The founder, Kesha, wears the colour N10 on a daily basis and while the brand has future plans to extend the colour selection, the darkest shade available is currently N11. This foundation will plump, replenish and rejuvenate skin and has benefits of being waterproof. (£21)
- Trio Concealer – The three in one concealer is perfect for seasonal skin tone changes and comes in six different shades. It has a light cream to powder texture but provides full coverage with a velvet/satin finish. (£15)
- Camera Ready Primer – This product is perfect for minimising fine lines and creases in preparation for makeup application to allow your makeup to lay perfectly on the skin. (£15)
A favourite in ‘Glamour Magazine’ where they have featured the brand four times already and two nominations for this Black Beauty and Fashion Awards 2017 (BBFA) for ‘Best Cosmetic Brand’ and ‘Best Premium Foundation’, ColorBlend Makeup is definitely making waves in its first year of operation.
Found on set, backstage and in the makeup bags of celebrity makeup artists and beauty bloggers, perhaps it’s time you… Capture Your ColorBlend…!
To vote for ColorBlend in the BBFA 2017, go to:
Facebook: ColorBlend Makeup