This week’s Dish of the week is a delicious light option that serves two. Another simple to prepare meal that uses everyday ingredients, suitable for busy people seeking a healthy lifestyle.
- 250g raw tiger prawns
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2tbsp Belvoir Ginger Cordial
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Fresh dill
- Olive oil
- 1 lime
- To toast the sesame seeds, place in a dry, hot frying pan and stir until golden brown. Remove from the pan.
- Wipe the pan around with kitchen paper (be careful not to burn your fingers).
- Heat about 1 tbsp of olive oil in the pan, add the prawns, garlic and chillies and cook for approximately 4 mins over a medium heat, until the prawns are just cooked. Add the Belvoir Ginger Cordial and sesame seeds.
- Continue cooking for a further minute. Finally, add a good squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve on a bid of fresh salad leaves and finish with a sprig of fresh dill.
Always wash your hands and nails thoroughly after working with fresh chillies. You can buy disposable gloves from the supermarket – wear these to chop your chillies.
Recipe from Belvoir Fruit Farms