With 23 Grand Slam titles under her belt, she is goals! It’s only right that on the tennis pro’s 36th birthday we stop and recap the ten times Serena Williams prepared, served and delivered.
1. When she won the record of 23 Grand Slams in the Australian Open whilst she was eight weeks pregnant!
2. When she stood up to racist comments made by Ilie Nastase by quoting lines from Maya Aneglou’s famous poem, ‘Still I Rise’
3. When she showed off her sleek moves in Beyoncé’s music video, Sorry.
4. When she shut down a reporter when he stupidly asked her why she wasn’t smiling in this interview.
5. Her Vanity Fair Photoshoot
6. When she was named Sportsperson of the Year by Sports Illustrated magazine in 2015 and also Sportswoman of the Year by Sports Illustrated in 2003, and again in 2010 and again in 2016!
7. Being the oldest tennis player ever to be a world number one.
8. At the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in 2015 where she wore a beautiful scarlet dress by Ines Di Santo.
9. When she blessed the media with her version of 7/11 for Vogue.
10. When she addressed body image and stood up to her critiques in an open letter to her mother Oracene Price.