Journalism/social media interns required!
We are looking for Journalism and Social Media Interns to join the team at Melanmag.com.
Do you want to build a portfolio?
This internship is virtual/remote. Our office is located in East London. We are seeking interns who are interested in journalism to join the team and write articles on subjects including personality features, health and beauty, travel, lifestyle or fashion, and to manage our social media channels.
· Generating at least 2 articles per week.
· Conducting interviews with people from industry either in person or remotely.
· Applying classroom theory to real life journalism and gaining experience in international relations in the mixed company culture.
· Responsibilities include: writing articles, researching topics and participating in assigned projects. Interns also assist with social media outreach and new user acquisition.
· Great writing and great grammar skills, individual voice.
· Social media savvy.
· Have strong interest and eye for fashion, music, beauty and/or Entertainment community.
· Flexible, eager to learn.
· Ability to work independently, and add your insight and creativity.
· Ability to be on time, and reliable.
If you’re interested in gaining real life experience working on an exciting new online magazine brand, please contact: submit your CV with a short description of your interests and talents, and how you would best contribute to Melanmag.com. Please include links to your social media profiles.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship with possibility for hire.
Melan Mag was launched to serve as the online BFF for the UK woman of colour. Our mission is to offer a regular supply of articles, features and inspiration for smart, stylish black women.
Primarily (but not exclusively) for women living in London, Melan Mag will feature news, information and pieces on notable black role models, fashion, health and beauty, travel and lifestyle, all with an appreciation for the black person, culture and experience.
Alongside our rich editorial, we aim to highlight established and emerging fashion and beauty brands, that will be showcased from a ‘woman of colour’ point of view.