We haven’t met a person yet that wasn’t a fan of Nando’s and so we are thrilled to share a recipe that you can make at home, but still has that familiar Nando’s flavour.
Nando’s Peri-Peri chicken
- 500g Chicken breasts
- 1/4 Cup (60ml) Nando’s Peri-Peri sauce
- 1kg Bread dough*
- 1 Cup (250ml) Neopolitan tomato sauce
- 15ml Nando’s Peri-Peri sauce
- 300g Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or grated
- 1 Red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 Mango, peeled and cubed
- 5 Red spring onions, sliced
- 10g Fresh coriander leaves, torn
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- For the Peri-Peri chicken, baste the chicken breasts with the 60ml Nando’s Peri-Peri sauce and grill or bake until cooked through.
- Roll out 4 pieces of the pizza dough into irregular oval shapes. Transfer dough onto a lightly dusted baking sheet.
- Combine the Neopolitan tomato sauce and 15ml Nando’s Peri-Peri sauce together in a small bowl. Top the pizzetta’s with some of the Neopolitan tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Tear the chicken into bite-sized pieces and arrange on the pizzetta’s. Add the red pepper and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked.
- Top with the mango, spring onion and coriander leaves, before serving.
*If you’re pressed for time, use a ready-made pizza base.
Recipe from Nando’s