This week’s dish of the week is a pasta meal that is a quick and easy lunch, dinner or supper that can be made in just half an hour. It’s also impressive enough for entertaining.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
400g penne pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion finely chopped
1 green pepper finely chopped
500ml whipped cream
250g gorgonzola, crumbled
200g Opies pickled walnuts in malt vinegar, chopped
15g fresh basil, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions in a large pan of boiling water, drain, return.
- In a separate pan, heat the olive oil – add the onion and pepper and cook for approximately 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the cream, gorgonzola and walnuts and stir until the cheese melts. Season to taste.
- Stir the sauce into the pasta.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with chopped basil
Recipe from Opies